Upcoming talks

So, it is a new year which brings new conferences with it. Yesterday I sent out three proposals to three different conferences, and just one day after, one of them answered! Yay!

The conference in question is Web Tech Exchange 2009 in London, May 14-15, and my talk is on the second day, entitled "Leveraging dojo.data to build scalable enterprise applications". It does sound very interesting, doesn't it? :) Now all I have to do is write the actual talk as well.

But first of all I will do a free Dojo workshop at Svenska Dataföreningen this Thursday (15/1). I'll be covering basic Dojo widgets and how you take a simple page and add some stylish Dojo magic to it, maybe some data integration or dojox.charting if there's time for it. You have to register for it and bring your own machine. Oh, and have a local web server of some sort and download the Dojo 1.2.3 source distro as well.

Later this month I'll be holding an intense but character-building talk on Thin Server Architecture at the Swedish jFokus event, Januari 28-29.

Outstanding are stil my proposals for O'reillys OSCON2009 in San José and the NextWeb Conference in Hamburg. And do know that I need help with funding to get across the water, just so yo know. Thx! ^_^

If you want me to speak at your event, or need a workshop/course in Dojo for your company or organization, feel free to mail me at the address in the left column, or twit me at http://www.twitter.com/psvensson

Cheers,
PS

[UPDATE]

Apparently, I will not be speaking at the jFokus event in Stockholm as I initially thought. I was urged to submit a proposal last fall by the organizers, which apparently didn't look as urgent when it came down to it :)

It might have something to do with me having broken up with Java and the event is _about_ Java. Maybe. Anyway, if you still want me to talk about thing server and all that jazz in Stockholm, please let me know and I'll arrange another venue if there's enough interest. The mail address is as always on the right side of the blog.

Thx.

Comments